Lids and sucker fish discussion

goldfish emergency Forums gfe FORUM GFE GENERAL DISCUSSION Hot Topics of Debate Lids and sucker fish discussion

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Katrina911

Lets have a lids and sucker fish discussion. Some people might think goldies are going to leap out of their tanks so they keep the tank lids on. I imagine a fish would only do so as a last resort if it had the strength and had to get away from poor water quality. In some cases a fish might accidentally jump out during a spawning session, but this can be avoided if the water table is lowered. The space from the surface and the top of the tank should match the length of your longest fish in body length

What about goldies in a community tank with other fish ? Do they play well with others or EAT them ? Goldies are lil piggies.
      Then there are sucker fish who keep the glass clean but do tend to get a taste for goldie slime when no one is looking injuring the goldie.

Anonymous
      Inactive

The other thing about plecos etc., is that they’re more bioload in the tank. If I’m going to add a fish, it’s going to be a goldfish… I can’t afford to waste precious space. 😊

I hope I never find a fish on the floor. I suppose it could happen during spawning. I try to leave a good gap above my waterline, but with space at a premium in my tank, it’s probably not as big as it should be.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.